Sunday, September 3, 2017

Week 36-no more investigators I guess

Wow, what a challenging week! It has been really awesome too, though. What we lack in investigators we made up for in personal revelation!
So, some highlights include:
R. Always.
Meeting this lady who was the wife of a member of our ward who hasn't been to church in 40 years, and at first she very angrily told us she wanted to have Bishop's number so she could remove her husband's name from the records of the church. By the end of our conversation, though, she was getting *our* number so we could come meet with her. She had lots of questions and her past churches have not encouraged faith-promoting questions, so she was very impressed when we allowed her to ask us some of her questions. An actual quote: "Don't be surprised if I show up at church next week." #faithproducesmiracles #PTL
Playing soccer on Tuesday and Sister Haws accidentally trucked over a 2 year old. I have never laughed so hard ever.
We had a fireside and Sister Haws told her conversion story and I sang a song. U and our other Mepkin friend K came.
I had the worst time sleeping one night, and the Spirit was like, "get up and read ya scriptures child" (the Spirit kind of sounds like an elderly black guy in my head). So I did that and boy, Heavenly Father had some things to tell me. It was a very spiritual experience. 
I got a blessing from Mission Dad, aka our ward mission leader Brother R. He is the best ward mission leader/human on the planet. It was a great blessing.
We got to go visit the Ts in our ward, and they have cats. I took a picture.
We painted rocks at the farmers market because family history doesn't seem to spark any interest. We got a few solid people for the elders from that.
MY MISSION MOTHER CAME TO VISIT ME AND SHE IS SO CUTE AND ENGAGED!!!
I got to eat sushi today because we went to Charleston.
Mostly the rest of the week was really standard. However, I figured out that I am officially halfway through my mission. So, in commemoration, I'm going to tell you the ways I have changed: 
-I understand the concept of faith.
-I have learned a lot about myself, and what I'm interested in. Specifically I have noticed that I really love plants (which we all already knew)...and animals...and bugs. Weird, right? So I have prayed and made the decision that I want to study lots of biology things. And also, I want to teach high school. The goal is good ol' Lone Peak High School. The world needs more good science teachers. 
-I love being outside. Even in the boiling humidity I would rather be outside than in. And my family knows that that is a big change--as her mom this does not surprise me.
-I love studying the scriptures. 
-I love vegetables! And exercising! (???)
-I am growing into myself. What I mean by that is that I feel like I had lots of characteristics back home that were present but very underdeveloped. I am more outgoing, honest, and kind now than I was when I went to the MTC.
-I know more about who I was before this life, and who I am now, and who I have the potential to become, than I ever have.
-I am finding true joy! Obedience is the key, folks.
Well, that's it for this week. God lives. Just do those things you've been asked, reading, praying, going to church, going to seminary. Take advantage of your opportunities, and be good. Love God and serve God. Tell someone a bedtime story. Inspire someone. Sing something with gusto. Tell a dumb joke. Give a hug. Tell your mom she's beautiful. Above all, don't give up, ever, even if all the odds are not in your favor. Goals can't be achieved until you quit being lazy! 😁😁😁
Jesus loves you. So do I! 
Don't let the muggles get you down! 
All my love,
Sister Pew
Sister Pew with her trainer--she finished her mission and came back for a visit.

one of the cats she mentioned

Sister Haws tries curry and likes it! Yeah!

Ravenel Bridge

Finding with an awesome lady

with grandkids of awesome lady

No comments:

Post a Comment