Saturday, September 9, 2017

Week 37-Miss Sparkle

Hello everyone! Welcome to the weekly letter of Sister Emily Ruth Pew, aka Miss Sparkle, but we'll get to that later. 
This week was full of personal revelation.
Monday we went to Charleston! I will send y'all a video (see below) of when we accidentally went across the Ravenel Bridge, because it's quite brilliant. That night we saw R. She is the best ever.
Tuesday we had DDM. We all made treats for it and I gave a training. It was on teaching with discernment. What I learned from studying for that training is that love+The Spirit=discernment of thoughts, feelings and needs of your investigators, members and companions. I invite all y'all to try this with me this week. Study charity in the scriptures and apply it to every relationship you have. Also, this day I got my glasses! You will see them in probably every picture henceforth that I send home. The elders (both of whom have glasses) tell me I look like a nerd. *sigh* it's like being back at home with five brothers again.
Wednesday we had exchanges with the STLs. I went to S with Sister Fowkes. We went finding for a lil bit, and then we had a ward coordination meeting, which was weird because I don't even serve in their ward. So...lol. then we went and saw P. Then we went home and went to bed.
The next day I was still in S so we went to do some family history and it was fun. I read about Grandpa Louw and his mission which was awesome. Then we went to a place called Royal Oaks and had a great time singing for old people with the 3 sets of S elders. Problem is, they're all tone deaf and none of them play the piano so I had to struggle to do so. It was bad. It was fun, but we sounded awful. Then we had lunch and went finding and then we came back and wrapped up our exchange. Then it was back to the promised land for me! We came back and did the rock painting booth/Book of Mormon booth and then taught A NEW INVESTIGATOR named B. He was cool. Then we went to Book of Mormon class. What a wild time.
Friday we tried to weekly plan but were mostly unsuccessful, so then we went out finding and didn't find anyone. Then a member of our ward had us over for dinner so we could teach her nonmember husband who is slowly having a change of heart after being anti for a number of years.It was a great time.
Saturday we went to the horse rescue again. I officially know how to groom a horse now! We finished up weekly planning after that. We have a lot of door knocking to do, folks, and Sister Haws is making me do all of it because I'm scared of people so I'm a little stressed for next week. I know it'll be good, I'm just kind of like screaming on the inside. That might after a lesson with good old R who is still not reading his SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY, I had a minor struggle where I basically realized the colossal role fear has played in my life. I am used to letting fear get the better of me, but the times I overcame it are branded into my memory. I am a good missionary. I still knock on doors. I do my best - but my best can be better if I forget my fears and go to work. I know what I need to do. It's high time I faced and conquered my fears. They are holding me back. I would appreciate it if I knew that y'all were praying for me to have strength and courage to do what I need to do and become the person I need to be.
So yesterday, after a bright and eye-opening chat with God, I realized that this is all possible. Because Jesus Christ died for us, I am able to put these fears behind me and live unlimited by them. This knowledge buoyed me up, and I spent the rest of the day glowing. Everyone was like, "What happened to you?" And MULTIPLE people asked me if I got a cute letter from a boy (ew groooosss) and I just laughed. One of the elders actually called me "Miss Sparkle". Really, it's the atonement of Jesus Christ. It's because I don't always have to be the way I am. It's because I CAN CHANGE, and I don't have to remain in my fallen and fearful state. I can overcome through Him! So if I sparkle, okay, great! That just means that Christ's grace is at work in me. Can I get a hallelujah amen?
Be a sparkler for Jesus, baby. Just glow.
And don't let the muggles get you down.
All my love,
🌟Sister Sparkle🌟






Celebrating National South Carolina Day

Glasses

Little girl with Sister Pew's tag, bag and boots


































Music is a Christian band Rivers and Robots

1 comment:

  1. Hello! What is Em's mission email? I'd like to ask her advice on some things.

    ReplyDelete