Sunday, September 24, 2017

Week 39-Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same

Well, this is it. The ticking time bomb has exploded, and I'm spreading my little baby missionary wings and leaving my Moncks Corner nest to fly free some other place. I don't know where yet. It's really sad, but I know that I will come back someday, and I also know that these people are permanent parts of my life whether I see them again or not. Moncks Corner has been a refiner's fire. It is also sacred ground. I will always love it here because it was here that I came to know who I was and am and more deeply came to understand my Savior and His Atonement for me.
It's been kind of a weird week, to say the least. Monday was a good day. We were really bored during the lockdown so what do four antsy missionaries who are not allowed to go out and proselyte choose to do with their time? Well, we decided to play truth or dare (missionary style, where you can only do positive and uplifting things), and that is how I found myself knocking on the Ss' apartment door (the Ss are the senior missionary couple in charge of cars and housing) to sing "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" for them. The bad news was that in the Irmo apartment complex, there are 4 different missionary apartments: the Irmo sisters, the mission secretary, the Ss, and the APs. So who answered the door? Elder H. They were all chillin' at the Ss' apartment. Luckily I don't get a whole ton of stage fright because I ended up singing for the Ss, the 3 APs, and the Mt. Pleasant elders, who were evacuated from the Charleston zone. It was pretty awkward. The Ss actually invited us in so we got to get to know the APs a little bit which was cool. But then I told them I'd been in my area for seven and a half months and obviously that was a mistake! (I'm just kidding. It's all good, everyone. Transfers happen.) Also, we got cinnamon rolls. So it was great. Later that night we tried to choreograph a dance but it was just not working. None of us are great dancers.
We got word in the morning that lockdown ended at 11. So at 11 we were on the road again, headed back to the Corner. It was weird driving back, and the whole time I was just like, "Man, I missed our little country town." I wanted to hug all of it. ALL of Moncks Corner. We saw some people Bishop asked us to visit and it was fun. We also played games with the S Family and Brother S invited all of us on a Mediterranean cruise in 2019. Sounds great, except...I'm poor. Hahaha, but it was all great fun.
Wednesday was fun. We traveled out to St. Stephen to see these cute little kids who aren't baptized yet. They are so cute! One of them (L, picture included) wanted to take pictures of EVERYONE. Now that I'm being transferred, I'm so glad he did. Also, this one kid, M. Oh man. For some reason, we just really connected and I'm pretty sure I need to adopt him. He has the crappiest situation ever. But he is just...the best...I love him...We also saw the Ss that night and picked up some groceries.
Thursday we went to Mepkin with the YSA sisters. It was way fun. I'm so glad I got to go one last time! I got to drive the gator and everything. I will miss Mepkin so bad. And U. Ew. My heart hurts. Feelings. Also, I felt like I was going to throw up after Mepkin, which was NOT good so we had to stay in for a few hours, all of which I slept during. I HATE staying in. I HATE IT.
Friday we weekly planned and it took 5ever. We just started calling all the prospective elders over the age of 60 to see if they'd be willing to let us come over. It was actually kind of fun. We contacted some pretty nice people that way. After that, we had dinner with a lady H and she is hilarious and also probably the most passionate person I've ever met. She believes so hardcore in everyone. Her motto is, "if it's never been done, why not invent it?" We also saw R and committed him to be committed...is that a thing? I don't know... lol. That night we found out Elder W was training and that Elder G and I are leaving.
Saturday we had a great day. We spent the morning cleaning the church. Then we went to the horse rescue, and then Sister C had us come pressure wash her porch off. It was awesome. Pressure washing is really satisfying. Then we saw Sister G because I was leaving and I wanted to see her.
Yesterday Josh Willis gave his farewell talk. That kid is awesome and I'm so pumped that I got to see him give his talk. I also got to say goodbye to everyone, which was good. Brother R REALLY wants me to get transferred to Seneca so that we can be in the same ward again. Lol. He said the same thing to Elder G. They even announced that I was leaving in Relief Society and everyone was so sad! It made me feel good to know that they really did appreciate me.
Well, everyone. Not to worry. God has a plan! Life is peaceful. Everything is going to be okay. :):):)
Don't let the muggles get you down!
-Sister Pew

Note she sent me:So the storm. It was mainly a bunch of rain and wind. We actually went out in it a couple times. It wasn't that bad, it just lasted a long time. We didn't get flooded and no one in our ward lost power. We were all okay. However, there seems to be another 2 storms on the horizon??? Lol I don't even know. And yes we went the back way again. I took some pictures. Hooray hoorah. Really it was not that exciting.

Nuskin mud masks with the Irmo sisters (this was during the "storm"



with the Irmo sisters

A church they drove by on the way home from Irmo




Mepkin

Getting ready for some work



Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment