Sunday, August 27, 2017

Week 35-was blind but now I see

Hey howdy hey.
This week was definitely one for the money. It was awesome. Let me tell you all about it. 
Monday we went to see R. She is the actual best ever. I feel so blessed to know her and to have been a part of her life. God is so good to us. We love her. We also scheduled an appointment for me to go to the eye doctor. 
Tuesday we went to see F. I got to arrange her a bouquet which was awesome. Please pray for her. Then we went to see M and it went great.  It's been a while since we saw him so that's awesome. We kind of laid down the law and we stressed so much that God loves him and wants a relationship with him. We think he felt touched but we don't know what he's going to do about it because he's a teenager. We also had game night with the Ss, we love a whole lot. We played Chair Soccer and it was a world of fun.
Wednesday we went to the eye dr. I have an astigmatism, which means I will have to wear glasses every day forever. Hooray! But it was a weird day because I could barely see after that because they dilated my pupils and my eyeballs looked like I was possessed so I wore sunglasses and people thought I was very rude. That night we went to see R, who seems to be doing better since we talked about baby steps. He asked us about repentance and we were able to teach him about how it's a process and is about progress, not perfection (shoutout to my mommy).
Thursday we went to Mepkin with the YSA sisters. Sister Hernandez is new to that area (she's with Sister Kniffen) and she has previously served here in Moncks Corner when she was first born into the mission field. She is awesome. But she came and surprised Ursula and they had a joyous reunion. It was sweet. Then we went to see a potential investigator named E and her less active mommy R and they are sweet. It was storming pretty good this whole day which was a real bummer because we had just washed our car. That night we went to see the W family, who are active members. They are so cute and have the coolest testimonies. They told us some really cool stories -- when Sister W's grandma was dying, she talked with three people in her bedroom one night. She described them, and what they were wearing, and Sister W's parents were shocked when she described, in detail, the temple clothes, down to the string on the mens' hats. This woman was staunchly Southern Baptist! And to her dying day she would fight you if you tried to tell her she hadn't seen such things. So cool.
The next day was ZONE CONFERENCE HALLELUJAH AMEN. I swear, these missionary meetings make me want to wave my hands in the air. Bless the zone leaders and sister training leaders and assistants, but especially bless President Innes because he is the absolute greatest ever. The main takeaway for me was personal conversion and testimony. We have to get ourselves right before we help others to get right, and the more converted we are, the more converted our investigators can become. We are all writing our own conversion stories, even if we've been members our whole lives. It was just the best meeting ever. That night we went out finding with Sister S, and that lady can do anything, I tell ya.
Saturday we went and volunteered at the horse rescue, and then we weekly planned, and then the Ws, a cute couple in our ward, took us out to stake conference. The Ws are the best. They are both converts and have really cool stories. The main takeaway I got from stake conference, both sessions, was kindness. Kindness is inspirational.
Well, pray that none of us get blinded today! Also, please pray that we will find new people to teach. We have just been running into brick walls as far as finding goes.
Don't let the muggles get you down!
Love,
Sister Pew
Miss U and Sister Hernandez at Mepkin

Sister Haws at Zone Conference

Cute kid with elder, sorry no explanation was given

No comments:

Post a Comment