Sunday, August 13, 2017

Week 33 Another day in paradise

Hello, everyone! How are y'all? Transfer calls are in and I AM STAYING HERE. Man. I might as well accept a ward calling. Anyway, the subject of today's email is because that's what U's husband W says whenever U asks him how golfing was. And I'm staying another transfer in the promised land, so that's a good time if you ask me.
THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING. Before all of you die of suspense, yes, P got baptized <3 We were so happy! But more on that later.
Sad news: S dropped us, it was the worst. But hopefully someday she'll be ready, and she is still on good terms with us. So that's good.
Monday! Sister Haws slept allllllllllllllllll day! And I made snitch cupcakes, as promised. I didn't know it was cheesecake day or I would have made that too. After that we went to R's house. And I still love her so freakin much. She is the cutest. 
Tuesday was P's interview. It all turned out okay and it turns out that ELDER W WAS ONE OF THE ELDERS THAT FOUND P AND REFERRED HIM TO THE SISTERS NEARLY TWO YEARS AGO. So that was cool for Elder W to get to interview him. He said he was amazingly prepared. It was awesome.
Wednesday we got to go back to see S.Then we knocked doors around their area and then went and did comp study and then went to P's (not the one that got baptized a lady) house with Sister W. It was lots of fun and P opened up a lot to us and it was awesome. I'm glad it happened.
Thursday Mepkin got cancelled because of the rain! How terrible is that? Especially because I wasn't sure if I would be transferred or not, so I'm excited that I didn't so I can go back because I love that place. So instead we prepped for P's baptism. It was awesome. Then we did the family history booth for not very long and I didn't get to take pictures. Next week though. (I hope.) Then we went over to see the Rs (who are members). We love the Rs. They have a bunch of adopted kids.
Friday we went to zone service at Lowcountry Food Bank. It was good to see the zone. I got to know a Spanish speaking elder who is going home next transfer who I've never talked to before. He wants to design and produce jewelry or be an FBI agent. Then we went and played soccer with the elders and K and M (of aforementioned R family). It was lots of fun and we discussed M's mission because he served in Orem Utah (at one point he was serving in Highland, so straight up he knows where I live) and he just got back. He's dating a girl in the ward named S.
Saturday P got baptized AND IT WAS AMAZING. I sang I Stand All Amazed, Sister Haws took a video but I'm not sure she can send it. The song went well though. P had to get dipped 3 times because the first two times Brother E said the words wrong and then the third time P hit his head on the side of the font. Never a dull moment. We are excited though. We also went out finding with Sister C and it was such a fun time!
Sunday P was confirmed and he looked so good! He looked super happy. We are so proud of him. He is the coolest. Also we got a visit from the first sister missionaries that went over to teach P (Sister A & Sister D) and they were so surprised that we "got him". (which of course, we didn't "get him" at all. The Spirit got him.) It was just the perfect timing. God is good.
Today we waited with baited breath for a transfer call, and we were much pleased to learn that nobody here is leaving. Sister Kniffen will be getting a new companion though, so we will have a different sister in our district :) Also, CRAZY thing that happened: we were in Walmart and I was ordering some pictures when I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and I saw two familiar faces, but I wasn't sure if I could be seeing things or if I was actually seeing who I thought I was seeing. So I walked by them, SUPER awkwardly, and they tried to ask me where I was from but I didn't hear them, and so they caught Sister Haws and were like, "where is your companion from?" And I turned around and said, "I'm from Utah!" And they said, "Which high school did you go to?" And I said, "Lone Peak." And they were like, that's why you look familiar. Turns out I graduated with both of them. And we just happened to be in the same little podunk town, in the same little podunk Walmart, at the same little podunk time. WHAT. (picture on the blog. Their names are Megan and Shaquell. They're here visiting Shaquell's family before they get married.)
I love y'all!
Don't let the muggles get you down!
-Sister Pew
Beautiful Sister Haws with the flowers they made for a lady.

Couple from Sister Pew's high school, small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment