Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week 19 - "Sweet Gherkins!"

Well, family, it's another day in paradise.
This week has been the greatest! The subject comes from on Saturday when we were moving Brother H's old office to the new one we've been painting (see note she sent later below). I'm really at a loss for what to say because there's a lot that happened and I don't have a lot of time. 

Highlights:
R, S's wife, is ON DATE and she is so determined!!! We are so excited for her.
V came to church! For the first time in 16 years!
C's son M is a new investigator and I AM SO EXCITED.
President Turner came to our ward and literally said our ward is the best ward ever because our ward mission leader presented a 3rd Sunday discussion about MISSIONARY WORK and I AM SO HAPPY
Also I had a hard day but it turned into a really good day because I prayed really hard that I would feel peace and it totally worked.

We don't have any quotes but I'll be sending you a couple videos! :) (We are trying to get it on YouTube to share--she sent 2 of the same videos)

-Sister Pew

Oh sorry I forgot to explain the whole sweet gherkins story. Elder D is so goofy and he was there helping us move stuff and was telling us he needed a new fake expletive. Then we went to the fridge to move it and Brother H told us to clean it out first. I opened it up to see a single jar of pickles labeled "Sweet Gherkins" and I said, "Elder D, I have found the answer to your prayers." And he said, "you're right." And that's the new exclamation of choice. 
Also I forgot another highlight: We had a ward activity Saturday night and it was so fun. The best part was, we were all playing games in the gym and the kids were being noisy and so the adults were getting annoyed. So while my companion and the elders helped our investigator who was there, they sent me to handle the children. We played a game called Taco Cat, which is Marco Polo but quieter and with no water and you say Taco Cat instead of Marco Polo. And now the whole ward loves me because I took care of their kids and helped them be quieter. It was the best time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment