Friday, May 19, 2017

Week 21 that's way too many weeks

Hello again, I just talked to you yesterday but here we are. It's Monday. And for my adopted fam, I didn't talk to you yesterday so here's what's up.
Sister Goettsche is leaving meee.... and I hate everything. Not really, but I love her so much and I'm so sad! No more singing duets for investigators...maybe. but I get to stay in Mtown!!!! So that's good. I'm glad I get at least another 6 weeks :') 
So this week was pretty slow. Not much happened. We went bowling for pday. It was so fun. I beat all the elders (they actually went the week before but I topped the winner's high score, easy.) We also went to Goodwill and got Hawaiian shirts and I tried Taco Bell for the first time. I think I'm probably going to send a video of me talking about our week because I super don't want to type it all up.

Note from Sister Pew's mom: I am not sure how to show the video so here are my notes on it:

She liked Taco Bell (this surprised me since she is picky about Mexican food)

Tuesday they helped a sister in the ward make mats for homeless people. She is French and she fed them lots of yummy food. They had Book of Mormon class and nothing shocking this week there.

Wednesday they visited people that live out in the rural area of their area.

Thursday they worked at the Abbey and is was a little sad because they felt like it might be her companion's last time going there--which is was. She got to drive the "gator" the razor/ATV type truck for gardening. There is a picture of her sitting in one on her blog a few weeks back. They worked at the Family History Booth. That night they went to the Relief Society Activity: "Speed Friendshipping"
like speed dating only friends. R came and brought a friend who is ready for the Gospel and R is on date for baptism.

Friday they weekly planned. Visited a family who is thinking of discontinuing missionary lessons. She's sad but has perspective that it will all  work out some day down the road.

Saturday they visited V who they are helping prepare to return to the temple and R who is doing better this week than last time they visited. He sounds like a tough cookie!

Sunday after church they visited and dropped off letters to ladies who take care of them😊 before skyping home.

Highlights from the skype:

Her accent isn't too strong she does say y'all. 

Her favorite new food is fried Okra. 

Most surprising thing about the mission: how fun it is and how nice people are even if they aren't interested

Hardest thing about the mission: feeling like she's good enough

Other things: she feels like her mission is going too fast (out 5 months now) it makes her sad to think that it is going to end some day

She bore testimony of Jesus Christ and that he loves us and that he will help us become the people we are supposed to be. She bore testimony that she knows that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church restored. 

She and her companion sang A Child's Prayer for us. We sang Lead Kindly Light together and we had a family prayer at the end. 

Other family members were there and asked questions, I just remember what they were nor the answers. The skype kept freezing so the after restarting 4 times we just talked by phone. 

She looks great and is so happy! It was awesome to communicate with her!

Thanks for your support!
One of her investigators gave this red nose to her! Terrifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment