Sunday, May 14, 2017

Week 20-too soon...

Hello everyone! This week's headline is because I have been on a mission for 5 Months this Sunday when I get to talk to you, and I am FREAKING OUT.
SO, as far as Skyping on Mother's day, I will be Skyping at around 5 your time, my Utah family. (So it'll be like 7 pm here.) I will have about an hour. If you have any questions about any context behind our brilliant quotes we've said, that would be a good time to ask.
I have realized how lame my emails are becoming. The  ward has thoroughly chastised me, especially those with missionary children, AKA 2 of the 3 members of the bishopric. I have repented. So here's a great email coming up!
First thing I want to do is tell you about some of the ways I have changed on my mission, so you're not shocked or anything:
I am so fat. So, so fat. Because the South. And although the members aren't allowed to feed us, they definitely just drop food off at our house. So I need to stop eating it because it's making me fat.
I am way more social. I realized that most of my antisocialness was me being lazy because I am pretty darn lazy. But the mission is making me not be lazy so I have overcome that. I am still introverted and require alone time but it's manageable.
I have changed from wanting to be a good missionary to wanting to be a lifetime disciple of Christ.
I have realized that I actually can help people, and lots of times it's the missionaries I serve around.
I haven't grown at all, but I have muscles in my arms now!!!
That's not all but it's all I'm gonna write about.
Monday! We went to Charleston. It was the greatest. We went to a Thai restaurant and had some killer sushi. It was so freakin good, and I almost died. Then we walked to the old slave market because Charleston used to be a freaking huge trading port and they changed the old slave market to just a market with no slaves but lots of other things. I bought nothing. But it was still cool. Then, we found the Atlantic Ocean! It was awesome. We walked along the waterfront for awhile and hit up Rainbow Row (a famous bunch of houses painted fun pastel colors), and then we went to Battery Park which has lots of really cool history things. Then we walked down Meeting Street, which is where a ton of really old historic houses are. They were so cool. Holy. Cow. Charleston is the best city. We came back, and then turned around and went to Cross to see R who we thought was off our records for awhile. But we brought Sister H, and Sister H helped a lot. And now...R's getting baptized. In June. And we are pumped. She even told us she feels like this is where she's supposed to be.
Tuesday, we taught R and it was great. She's so awesome.  We taught her the Word of Wisdom and she took to it like a fish to water. She was already quitting coffee when we started teaching her. It was quite the day. We then went to the Ds and talked to them about missionary work. Except, they're the Ds, affectionately referred to as Saint D and his wife Saint D by all the missionaries, so they basically taught us how to do missionary work because they're better missionaries than us. They seriously were talking to us about all the people they're already teaching. We love them so freakin' much.
Wednesday morning Elder W was here on exchanges with Elder G, and so we went to U's to give her her BIRTHDAY PRESENT because it was her BIRTHDAY last Friday and then to practice Sister Goettsche's upcoming district meeting musical number because Elder W is playing the guitar for it. Then we went over to the S' house and taught their 20 year old M, who calls us "Team Jesus", not sure why. He's kind of a stinker but we love him anyway. We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and come to church which he did NOT do for some lame reasons but it's okay because we got him a really solid fellowshipper in Brother F because they are both obsessed with cars. Izak, you gotta meet this guy. That night we went over to the Ts, featuring nonmember C and severely less-active D.  Also they fed us burgers so it was a pretty good time. D's not really antagonistic, he just doesn't wanna be all in. Which is silly. But we're workin' on him.
Thursday was a great day. We went to Mepkin, got ice cream, and then learned via the elders that it was 50 cent corn dog day at Sonic so we ran to Sonic and bought 10 corn dogs for $5.50. We then took said corn dogs to the family history booth and shared them with the elders. Elder W accidentally left his guitar in our church building so to attract the farmer's market people to our booth we jammed on the guitar (appropriately). We started this new thing where we do it with the elders and one companionship goes and talks to people and one sits at the booth and we switch off periodically. It was a great time. That night we had Book of Mormon class and it was less wild than the last few times but still pretty wild.
Friday we had interviews with President Turner, which was boss. I love that guy. We executively decided not to give Elder W his guitar back and so we've had it for the past few days, which has been great. Then we went to M's house and she talked about her problems. She has many. The poor thing. Then we went out finding and met this guy named M. It was kinda funny because he came to the door and peeked through the window and said, "I need to put some clothes on. Let me get dressed." So we waited for five minutes while he became less naked. He was pretty closed off at the beginning, and then we asked him where he was from, and he said he was from SAN ANTONIO and I told him "Hey, that's where my brother served his mission!" And after that he was way cool. Funny how the Lord prepares you in the weirdest ways. M became a new investigator that day.
Saturday we cleaned the whole church by ourselves because we freaking love the ward. We also went to V's and she fed us because she is less active so she can.. We raced home so we could make it to our apartment before Sister R, who took us out in the boonies to find people. It was pretty productive - we found out a less active named G has an unbaptized daughter we don't have on record because she came to the door and answered it. She was ten (in January of this year). And she was taller than me. I was upset. That night we went to R's. He came to church so that was good.
Yesterday was great! Probably the most spiritual fast and testimony meeting I've ever attended. Everything everyone said was so good. I just love this ward - it's like home to me. These people are so loving and kind. After church we went out finding in the boonies again, which was a great time, and then dropped in on a former investigator called J whom we had lost contact with. She was having a really hard day so we showed her the Prince of Peace video. She is really cute and just needs to get baptized but she got a job and works Sundays all day.
Today we're going BOWLING! (Monday is p-day)
Also, last night and this morning I found out literally EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING AT HOME WITHOUT ME. STOP TELLING ME THINGS! Hahahahah jk, keep sharing what is going on with y'all. I am very excited to see the blessings in your lives! Also, all y'all ladies who just graduated with me, would you stop getting engaged? You're freakin me out. Thanks.

I love y'all! Don't let the muggles get you down!
-Sister Pew


Here is a link to Em and her companion singing "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go"https://youtu.be/mj4QuEtked4


Photos from Charleston
































No comments:

Post a Comment