Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 18: Oh, yes. You have a plethora.

Hello friends, hello family, hello any online stalkers who may be reading this here email! Get baptized!

This week's subject comes from probably the number one thing Sister Goettsche and I say to each other. I am really not sure why we started saying it. Mostly, we like to talk in Mexican accents to each other.

So, here's the lowdown on this week!

Monday: We did pretty much absolutely nothing (for p-day) and it was the greatest. I was feeling a little bit gross because my allergies and lack of sleep are beginning to catch up with me, so we rested, mailed some stuff, and emailed.

Tuesday: We had DDM and my lovely companion gave a wonderful training on brightening our light of Christ by developing Christlike attributes. We then practiced for our musical number which we are singing this Friday at zone conference. And then, we went to Brother Hill's new office to paint. Again. 

Wednesday: We painted, except this time Elder W and Elder D were on exchanges so instead of Elder G coming Elder W came, which resulted in a ginormous paint fight in which there was much destroying of Sister Pew. Not fair. Not nice. We also had to teach a lesson later that night and it RAINED on our way there so monsoon season is on its way and I am PUMPED FOR MY LIFE. 

Thursday: We went to Mepkin, and Elder W was still here. Miss U is in love with Elder W. He used to serve here and was the first elder to come to Mepkin. She calls him Anthony and just raves about him all the time because once he put together her grill. But it was a pretty fun time and Miss U took us to Chick-Fil-A for ice cream cones afterwards. I started feeling pretty dizzy around 2:30 which was super inconvenient because Sister I came down to exchange with me and Sister F took Sister Goettsche away to Summerville. (Sister I and Sister F are the STLs.) We were helping out at a family history booth at the Moncks Corner farmers market when I just started feeling terribly ill. Neither I nor Sister I were much fun, because she had her mind on some crazy things happening with their investigators, and I was physically exhausted. That night we had Book of Mormon class. It was the wildest time I have had as a missionary. Conversation topics did not include: 2 Nephi 10, which was the chapter we were "reading" in. Sister I was much confused. So was I. Also S brought us some fish that he caught and that was great.

Friday: We unexchanged. We saw C recent convert. All our appointments fell through and all our investigators were gone. I still felt really sick. I think I developed some kind of exhaustion, because I kept myself fairly hydrated, but my knees kept locking whenever I'd stand up and I was just feeling wiped out all day.

Saturday: We went to see V and she made us cauliflower breadsticks, which were delicious, and she is the best ever. She just loves us so much, and we love her so much too. We also went to see R. I almost punched him in the face because he was just being so rude! Ugh. Anyway. It was the worst. We went home and I studied charity until bedtime because I felt terrible for losing my temper with that poor man. He is suffering a lot and really needs our help. (And possibly a good whoopin', but it is not my job to punish people.)

Sunday: We had one investigator at church which was still better than most Sundays! Also, we planned out a lot of the fifth Sunday lesson about the South Carolina Initiative, which is our mission's specific program for finding people. We're training the ward on what their part is. Our ward mission leader is the best ever. His only flaw is that he is a Ute fan. Also, Elder D is very upset with us because we told Brother H that he plays the cello and now he's playing for sacrament meeting next week. We don't feel bad.

We bought art supplies today with our remaining funds so that should be a good time! I'm excited to get back into art and stuff. Next week we're going to walk around Charleston. We were going to do that today but it RAINED REALLY HARD!!!!! And it's supposed to keep raining pretty much all day. It looks pretty sunny but you never know.

Quotes for this week:
"I am a grumpy little turd right now." -Sister Pew (immediately after waking up)
"Chill. Where's my onesie?" -Sister Pew
"No excuses. Just repentance." -Sister Pew (about various ridiculous things like people eating too much Taco Bell)
I was on a roll this week, apparently. 
I love you! 
Don't let the muggles get you down! 
-Sister Pew

Post paint fight

Creative way to take garbage out

No comments:

Post a Comment