Saturday, April 1, 2017

Week 14: Moving Apartments...

​Hey y'all! 
Every day is a good day as a missionary, but this week has been especially fabulous. Let me explain!
Monday! We did absolutely nothing except find out that we maybe could be moving into new apartments on the 1st of April. It was a relaxing day.
Tuesday was absolutely crazy! First, we made fliers about General Conference to hand out to people. Then, we went to DDM, at which I gave the wildest training anyone has ever given. It was my first full-length training at a DDM, and boy, in order to not pass out from nervousness I overcompensated by mostly telling jokes and quoting Elder Holland and Elder D (who let me copy his obedience notes cause he studies more than anyone ever). So that was fun! Also, I figured out about halfway through DDM that I forgot my nametag at home, so our faithful district leader Elder W let me borrow one of his and made me a paper slip that said Sister Pew to cover his name. I'll send a picture later. Then, we taught S (who is less active and trying to quit smoking). He got very emotional and told us he doesn't know if he'll ever see his family sealed in the temple, because he is not temple worthy and his wife and kids are not members. We told him to not give up and he agreed that we could start teaching his wife and adult son!!! So we're pretty excited about that. They both have crazy work schedules so we'll see this week about meeting with them. Then we found out that S, our new investigator, is in the hospital, which stinks. Everyone pray for S. After that, we went to try and find a less active the bishop wanted us to look into, but she wasn't home. Luckily we met some cool people and visited some potentials in the area so it was productive. Then, we went to the church to practice for a musical number we kinda accidentally got put in charge of by the Relief Society president, for the RS Birthday Dinner party thing that we had later that night. We sang "As Sisters In Zion".Anyway, R our investigator came to the dinner and LOOOOVED it. We sat at tables by birthday and I found out her birthday is two days after mine!
Wednesday we went to visit Sister C in the nursing home. We also went out and did some finding and helped Sister H move some plants around since her husband is in a rehab facility after his stroke and can't do it himself. That night we taught a new investigator named J the Restoration, which he very much enjoyed, and we did too. We sang him "Be Still My Soul" and it was awesome.
Thursday we went to Mepkin and they had us actually work this time. We cleaned out some windows at the Columbarium of St. Benedict that hadn't been cleaned in 50 years. Literally, FIFTY. IT WAS TERRIBLE. They were disgusting. There were dead wasps nests and decomposing lizards and it was just awful. Ugh. But we also got to mulch the garden outside the Columbarium which was much better. That afternoon we taught an investigator named J. She is dating a less active member. J is way cute, and we did a cool thing to teach her the Restoration, using cups and building a tower. J is a very visual learner, so she enjoyed it a lot -- and we put her on date for May 13th! We also had Book of Mormon class that night and R came to that too! She is so great. That night we went home and I made cupcakes and frosting and Sister Julander frosted them.  We also found out that actually we needed to move into our new apartments on Monday. So that's today. So, it's been a crazy few days.
Friday we taught B again, and she brought her cousin S, who LOOOOOVED the "Cupstoration" and **super needed** to be told that she is a daughter of God. It was so great because B is already giving people to us as referrals and she's not even baptized yet. But she will be. She's the cutest. That night we had church volleyball. I ask y'all to recall if you've ever seen me play volleyball. The answer is no. Because I stink. And so do my companions. Also, no one showed up but a recently returned missionary in the ward. Which was waaaay cool because he served in the Orem Utah mission! I wish I had known so that so y'all could've found him and fed him. But anyway, I'm still terrible at volleyball and my arms are super bruised. Yaaaay. After that we packed.
We taught a less active named V. She has a cute dog. We taught her the Restoration and gave her a GC flier. Then we went home and packed until we went to Womens Conference at Sister C's house. She lives in a big old Southern home with a pond out front and everything.But guys, Conference is like 9837059834935 times more meaningful as a missionary because I honestly have never been so determined to improve myself and so desperate for any and all advice I can get. So that was really exciting. I also saw Lindy Hyatt in the choir, so shout out to her.
Yesterday we taught a 10 year old kid named Z. He put himself on date for the 9th of April, so hopefully I'll still be here for his baptism! Transfer calls are this Saturday! Then we packed. Again. I'm getting real tired of all this packing interfering with our proselyting time.
Today we're moving apartments! Our new ones are very nice.It should be fun. The only downside is that we're short a transport crew because half the elders in the zone went to Myrtle Beach and didn't invite us (because we're not allowed to hang out with them) so we have to rely on the elders quorum. But it's a good thing we're in the best ward in the whole freakin' world because I'm pretty sure that the Bishop is one of the 3 Nephites and will send the big guns to help us out.
I love being a missionary!
Don't let the muggles get you down!
Sister Pew

Quotes:
"At any given time, you're talking about Harry Potter and I'm inconveniencing Sister Goettsche." -Sister Julander
"We're grateful for the elders when they take their callings seriously..." -Sister Julander (in a prayer)
"For lack of a better term...oh wait, I just thought of a better term." -Elder G
"He washed His feet, why wouldn't He wash His face?" -An excerpt from a highly doctrinal debate on the bedtime routine of Christ, spoken by Sister Goettsche.
"I find magical creatures all the time. Most of them are wearing flannel." -Sister Goettsche
"Why is the potato making nazgul noises?" -Sister Pew
"The only qualified roaster: Jesus Christ." -Sister Julander
"Oh my gosh I'm going to get a medium fry I think I'm dying." -Sister Julander (in a Chick Fil A and she was reaaaaaaally scared)
"We're sisters. There's going to be a general lack of pants." -Sister Pew












District
Made up tag
At the Relief Society Birthday dinner
Cupcakes they made

Moving...



No comments:

Post a Comment