Sunday, May 27, 2018

Week 74 - first and last and everything in between

Only one more of these?
This was a great week.
I keep waking up in the middle of the night remembering things I need to get done before I come home. 
This week I finally hit the excited stage. I've been talking about it, and worrying about it, and praying about it, but now I've actually made it to the point where I am welcoming it.
Last P-day we got our nails done. Mine are sparkly pink. Also we got rejected by this lady in a pizza place. She was so super nice to us and was like telling us she knew she needed to come to that pizza place to meet us, but when we offered her a Book of Mormon, she was like, "nah, I need to finish the Bible first." ...so you can't take it??? Hahahaha. Southern people. Gotta love em.
I went on my laaaaaast exchaaaaaaange? Whaaaaat? With Sister Landon. She is the cutest human living on planet earth. This was my third exchange with her. We got to go play in the park with a cute little family I used to work with in Moncks Corner and it dumped rain on us. We also went to see my recent convert P! With my good friend sister K! That was a blaaaast. Also Sister Landon and I just talked until very late at night. In bed with the lights off at 10:30, of course.
We had an excellent chat with A about the Plan of Salvation. It just makes me realize how much sense that plan makes. For instance, why the heck would God just stick us here in families willy-nilly when He so meticulously plans out everything else? Or why would He send us here with a physical body if that body was not meant to be significant? Or why would He create our souls just to continue as souls when He does in fact love us, is our Father, and wants (as any good father does) for us to have all the blessings that He has? There's no way He'd just create us to float around and not intend to make something more of us, something more like He is. And guess what? No one else has that sort of information, and a lot of that stuff is found in the Book of Mormon. So in other words, the church is true.
N is still doing well. She made us food on Wednesday and is feeding us again this Wednesday
We challenged the Walterboro elders to a Book of Mormon competition. We mainly did it to keep one of them from getting trunky, and rumor has it they kicked our trash. So we will have to buy them Chic Fil A tomorrow after DDM. But we did hand out 14, which was a miracle!
It was also my cute companion's birthday on Friday! I am so grateful for how kind and patient she is. I've basically been a wreck this entire transfer but she is so chill and loves me anyways :) so shout out to Sister Ekberg for joining the 20 club!
For her birthday, the zone leaders got her blow up boxing gloves and made us promise to film ourselves fighting with them, so we did real quick on Sunday in between all the bajillion things we had to do.
Speaking of Sunday, K came to church with K (her little boy) and I got to spend the majority of 3rd hour making him laugh and playing with dinosaurs. Best day ever.

Sorry that was all so scattered but I'm a little bit jumpy and tired. I slept like 3 hours and then spent all day walking around Charleston, so after I send this I'm probably gonna take a nap. But here's the spiritual thought for this week. 
When I went to the temple for the first time, I had to get rid of a bit of clothing because it was no longer modest for me to wear. I remember thinking about some of those clothes, "why did I buy that?" Or "Why did I waste my time?"
The more I think about it, the more I'm like, that's how life is. Sometimes we get so caught up in the now that we miss things of eternal importance happening all around us. Then we look back and wonder why we worried so much about things that were of so little real value in the end.
The good better best principle is something I've gained a strong testimony of on my mission. You can do good things; you can do better things; and you can do best things. However, if there is a choice between a good choice and the best choice, obviously do the best thing. Which is usually more inconvenient or difficult, but you will look back and be so pleased with your choices. That's where I'm living right now. I feel at peace. My decisions have brought me closer to Christ and I know that while some of them have been harder than others, I'm being blessed and will continue to be blessed for making them. Most of the time the hardest thing was to reject something better than just good for something best - to choose the Lord and to serve the Lord over any other place, activity or person, including those that I love. I have great hope that the eternal benefit of those choices will far outweigh any sacrifice I made to keep my covenants to the best of my ability. I definitely haven't been perfect, but I can honestly say that I have given what I could. And that is a great feeling.

Tune in next week for the season finale of "Don't let the muggles get you down!: a Missionary's Journey in South Carolina".

And, of course,
I love you!
Don't let the muggles get you down! (I've reached the point, finally, where my tablet can guess I'm about to say that. ðŸ™‚)
Sister Pew

Exchanges with Sister Landon


Sister Ekberg and Sister Pew with a friend

Charleston P-day
P-day at the 400 year old tree (same day) with other missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment