Sunday, May 13, 2018

Week 72-Two Baptisms

FAMILY AND FRIENDS, BEING A MISSIONARY IS THE BEST THING ON THE PLANET. IF YOU ARE NOT BEING A MISSIONARY, BE A MISSIONARY. YOU WILL HAVE LOTS OF JOY.
Man, life is so hard! But so good! I think I have literally felt every feeling on the whole spectrum of human emotions this week. 
The best news, and the most important, is the double baptism and confirmation this weekend of K and A.
K went first, and oh man oh man folks, if that wasn't the sweetest thing ever, I don't know what is. She was terrified. But she looked at me before entering the (freezing cold) font, and she had tears in her eyes, and I asked her, "you ready?" And she said, "I don't know." And then she turned and put her hand on the railing and walked down into the font. With her husband. In that moment I saw that she was willing to sacrifice her personal comfort in the hope that she could be an eternal family one day. It was beautiful to watch her face her fears and decide that the love of God and her husband were more important than it. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. I witnessed freakin' poetry okay. It was awesome. She stayed for A's baptism and when one of the elders' investigators showed up she just immediately went over and talked to her and welcomed her in. She is the best human.
And then A's baptism was the most happy time. Imagine you get to watch two of your best friends meet Jesus in one day. That's what it was like, people. A just glowed. We asked him how he felt after and he was like, "I feel awesome." Also, we gave him a tie we made and he was so impressed that we knew how to make ties. Yesterday in his confirmation blessing the Bishop blessed him with the desire to serve a mission. And he bore his testimony about his conversion in Sunday school. It was beautiful. I freaking love it. Ah, happy happy happy!
Something that's cool about both of these baptisms is that they are MEMBER REFERRALS. I feel so blessed that I can be here at this time to see this happen. Eternal families were created. A future missionary was made. And it's all thanks to the sweet members here in Summerville. Bless them. 
We had a great lesson with N this week. We made a lot of strides in our personal relationship with each other which was a blessing. It's awesome.
I just wanted to share something that I've been thinking about and then let you get back to ya lives.
The times when I have been happiest on my mission have been times when I wasn't focused on myself. I was focused on other people and serving and helping them. President Monson said, "Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and figuratively lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish -- and in effect save their lives." Jesus said something really similar: "Whosoever shall save his life shall lose it: and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it." (Matthew 16:25) I know that as we lose ourselves in the service of others, we will be much, much much much much much much happier. I have felt lots of burdens lifted as I have tried to do this. I'm not perfect at it, but that's why we have a Savior who can help us to become the ways we know we should be.
I love you all! I am so happy to be a missionary. This week it has been made very clear to me just how lucky I am to be a full-time servant of God. It has been really hard, but it has been really, really, really wonderful. Like, so wonderful it's worth every hard time. I promise it always is.
Don't let the muggles get you down!
Love,


Sister Pew





No comments:

Post a Comment