Friday, March 30, 2018

Week 65 - We are going to be baptized by fire.

Hello, everybody. South Carolina is fixin' to get roasted by Elder Jorg Klebingat. By next week I won't have eyebrows because they'll have burnt off in the flames. Saturday is the lucky day!!! Pray for us...;)
Anyways, this week was really, really great. Monday we really kinda did nothing except we did go on a little excursion to colonial Dorchester in the rain, which was really cool. I sent the pictures home so that was great. And then after that we drove to Columbia to stay the night before MLC AND WE GOT TO SEE THE TEMPLE before we got to the other sisters' apartment. It was really great. It is a tiny little baby temple, but it is still a temple and it is beautiful and the Spirit was really strong. I'm excited to go in like 2.5 months...flip. And then we got to the Columbia sisters' apartment and it was a fun little sleepover with Sister Recor, Sister Ranada, Sister Mock, and Sister Dalley. 
The next day was MLC and it was a jam-packed spiritual waterfall of ideas and inspiration. We got trained on how to effectively use social media to spread the good news of the gospel, did a roleplay, and talked A LOT about the BOOK OF MORMON. In all caps, because YOU GUYS. HAVE YOU EVER READ THE BOOK OF MORMON??? IT IS THE ACTUAL BEST BOOK ON PLANET EARTH. Like, oh my stars, everyone. We have been reading it as a mission and highlighting any reference to any principle in the doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, missionary work basically). It has changed. my. life. period. And especially as I have tried to apply it to myself, golly gee willickers I can hardly say enough about how wonderful this book truly is. If you aren't reading it every single day, please repent and start doing that immediately. Also, I got a sweet note from Sister L of Inman, and that was great. Also got to see some of my missionary friends and I appreciated that. It was Sister Hamilton's last MLC and that was weird... Also my mom sent us a package which included lots of useful and important things. The most important of which is definitely little devices called Chicken Flingerz. They are little chicken slingshots. I will send a video because they are incredible.
Wednesday we had exchanges with the Moncks Corner sisters, and it was a day of tender mercies. I was with the adorable Sister Landon again, and we had companionship study real quick and then made plans to go do some service. However, we were standing at the door of our apartment in our service clothes preparing to leave, and the Spirit whispered, "Hey, actually, go see this lady A who may or may not have owned a quad???" And we were like, "Okay." So we got back into our proselyting clothes and went to see A. A answered the door and let us right in, proceeding to tell us a miraculous story. It went a little bit like this:
A: So, remember how last time y'all was here, I told you about how my son is in prison and my neighbors were not being nice to me?
Us: (mainly me because I was the only one of the 2 of us that was there) Yeah.
A: Remember how I asked you to pray that my son would get out of jail, and also that my neighbors would stop having issues?
Us: Yeah.
Alice: Well, THAT VERY NIGHT the neighbors solved their problems. And the next morning I got a call from my son saying that he'd been released.
Us: .... *Hallelujah Chorus plays triumphantly in background*
So basically she was like, "Please teach me about the gospel" and we were happy to oblige her. Which, my dear friends, is a miracle. And then we went and saw some other folks and drove out to the middle of nowhere to deliver a Bible. We ended up having a really good conversation with the lady and told her we'd love to come back, and she said "okay!" So, two return appointments in one day, which is basically more than we got all last transfer combined. I'm telling you, MLC is like a protein shake for your soul.
Thursday I got to go volunteer at Mepkin again!!! It was really fun. It was freezing though. However, the earth is beautiful. I will send pictures also. After this even we went to the chiropractor again because I suffered a long and treacherous fall at a trampoline park previously mentioned in a past email. That night we went to the Relief Society party, which was white elephant themed. It was pretty fun! I brought a plant and ended up with a book entitled "Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul 2". People were really sad I opened that one because I am not yet a mother, but I love it! It'll be a good read when I'm older. And I think I'm going to have the ladies in the ward write their mom advice for me so I can stick in in an envelope in the back, so it'll be useful anyways.
Friday we planned for our week. If you watched our live video, then you also know that it was the day of the Big Mac fiasco. Oh, friends. Big Macs hurt your insides if it's been a year or two or three since the last time you had one. But I really actually don't regret it that much because it was Sister Hamilton's first one and that is an experience she MUST have before leaving the South. Anyways, after we planned for our week we had dinner with the Gs again. We had ribs and we gave them each a copy of the Book of Mormon to write their testimonies in. They are another pair of South Carolina parents for me...I have like a hoard of those. But I wouldn't have it any other way:)
Saturday it was St. Patricks day but we did literally nothing about it. Actually, I wore green, but on accident both times. LOL. In the morning, we went to an investigator's house to do service. Her name is T and you who have been reading these things from the beginning may recall that 52 weeks ago (A WHOLE ENTIRE YEAR AGO FOLKS. A WHOLE YEAR), the 13th email I ever sent, I mentioned going to do service at a barn with ponies and how watching ponies run is really funny. Toby is the owner of the very same barn at which I (whilst still in training!!!) volunteered my time. It was a weird deja-vu moment being back there. Oh, so odd. But we helped T out with some cleaning and heavy lifting (because I am swoll) and also got to play with puppies and pet horses. Also, she fed us pizza. And that my friends, is just one more testimony that when we serve others, we are blessed far more than any sacrifice we make to serve. Definitely we got the better end of the deal. After that we went to see K, who was very open with some challenges she's experiencing with her faith. Please pray for her! She doesn't understand why she needs the Book of Mormon. She did give us cake afterward, so it was all fine. Anyways, after that we did our live event. I messed up with the words on my song (Amazing Grace) (I said "when we've been there 8000 years" instead of 10,000 years. DON'T SAY 8.) and it made it really hard to not laugh through the rest of the song and so I just busted up the minute I finished. Oh my gosh. It was really funny. After Sister Hamilton was like, "isn't it 10,000?" and I was like, "yes." And she was like, "Why did you say 8000?" And I was like, "Because I'm an idiot." And it was really funny. Ohhhh, the joys. But we are excited to do it again this Thursday at 8!
Yesterday was a very busy day. It was crazy. We had a wonderful service at church and 3 investigators came, one of whom was deaf R! We went to pick her up with a member and it was really quite a miracle how much better my sign language has gotten. Shoutout to Brother Elg for sending us videos and stuff. I could understand her a lot more than I could before. In general, I've just been noticing more and more and more how merciful God is, and how much He really does help us! Annnnd... we got another new investigator that night! His name is A and he's friends with a girl in our ward who's leaving on a mission soon. He is really sincere and loves theater and is very honest which is cool. So he's a fun guy to teach. Our members just keep bringing us people and so that's the coolest. #bestwaytodomissionarywork
You may have noticed I said nothing about N. She wasn't feeling well and went to visit her sister, neither of which are probably good things. So that's discouraging, but I have faith she will figure this out and be able to make good decisions. If you could pray for her too, that'd be wonderful.
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
K bye
Don't let the muggles get you down!
Love, Sister Pew

Stopped by the temple on the way to MLC
Cool find on the way to MLC


MLC (Mission Leadership Conference)
Goofy picture
Lunch at MLC
Sister Hamilton makes Sister Pew laugh, all the time


Exchanges with Mepkin






Mepkin plants






Mepkin looks like a fantasy

Service with horses!





No comments:

Post a Comment