Sunday, March 11, 2018

Week 63 - 3 Months Until Life Begins

Friends, Romans, countrymen,
Well, I just entered my second to last transfer on my mission. That is really, really weird. I only have 11 group emails after this one. Wow. Time literally has gone by so fast!
This week was a harder week for us. There's a lot of reasons for that. But this letter might be a little brief because I don't really want to relive the entirety of it.

Monday: We went to Charleston! That was really fun. I filmed some stuff that I'll send to y'all, but it might have to be next week because it'll take 5ever to upload. We went with the other S sisters and the Charleston sisters. We ate pizza and walked around the city. I finally got to swing on the Battery (pictures included) and I got a whole bunch of crap for my family. That night we took Nora to the singles FHE AND I GOT TO SEE MY MOM V. She adopted me while I was serving in Moncks Corner and then moved to the Summerville 2nd ward. We haven't seen each other in 6 months so it was really wonderful to be able to see her.

Tuesday: Went on exchanges with Sister Clement from Charleston. We stayed in SV and went to see a man who is ill in our ward. Also we cleaned our car because we had inspections and the fabled "yellow snow" of Charleston is falling thick and fast. That's pollen, folks. My nose is pretty itchy like 24/7. We also went to ASL class and it's good because I'm understanding more than I was before. #grateful Also, Elder W our district leader is a punk and occasionally will do this thing at the end of our call ins where he'll be like, "Oh hey guess what?" And we'll be like, "What?" and he'll hang up on us. But Tuesday night he called us and I GOT HIM BACK. So, it was great.

Wednesday: We went to Habitat for Humanity, unexchanged with Charleston, and then I went on exchanges with the one and only SISTER TERRY!!!! Sister Terry was trained in Inman so it was really fun to be able to talk to someone about all my Inman family. The nostalgia was REAL tho. Hey, if you're in Inman right now and you're reading this, I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU!!! But Sister Terry is a boss missionary. We did some finding and went to see a less active family. While I was gone, Sister Hamilton and Sister Simons went and taught R, the deaf lady. Apparently it went well and we have another lesson with her this Wednesday.

Thursday: We went to sing at the nursing home, and Sister Hamilton started My Plan...AHHHH. Also we did some Facebook contacting. We also walked around and tried to find people to teach for a good while. That night we had ward coordination and a Facebook messenger meeting with the West Columbia zone leaders, Elder E and my good friend Elder B, because Elder E is also an ASL missionary and he was giving us some tips. 

Friday: We went to see S, our less active buddy, and mainly he told us a pretty incomprehensible story, but it was still a pretty good visit. We also saw our bedridden friend Sister M and sang her some hymns. We planned for our week and went to see K that night. K is my BFF. It was a good spiritual discussion about lots of different things.

Saturday: What a wild day. We started with service at the United Methodist Church of Knightsville. They are renovating so we helped them paint their basement. It was pretty fun, except they tried to feed me hot dogs. Also, paint smell gives me migraines! So that was not my favorite. Afterward we taught N the law of chastity...which went about the way we anticipated it going. Which was not very good. Please pray for her!! After that we had a less active call us and ask us to come over. She was in a panic about a lot of pretty easy things, which we talked through with her. Her mom was pretty impressed with the advice we gave her, and her mom isn't a member, so maybe we can baptize her...ahahaha. But it was a pretty eventful day from start to finish.

Yesterday: N cried all the way through church. She said the Holy Spirit was working on her. So that was good! And, I got to be the chorister for Primary!!! That was basically the best thing of my life. My companion videoed me, thank heavens. Oh my gosh I love children. Anyways, yeah, really good day yesterday.

Our mission is doing a pushup challenge today, so I did 200 pushups this morning and I can no longer use my arms. But I feel pretty accomplished - and I think most people who know me understand why. My arms are little noodles.

Anyways, that's basically everything. The stuff I left out was the bad stuff:) But I do love being a missionary! I love the gospel! I love repenting! And I love church! Life is good, fam. Even when it's bad, it's good. Or it's for our good. :)
ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO IZAK WHO IS 18 AND THAT IS THE FETCHING WEIRDEST.
K bye!
Don't let the muggles get you down!


Love, Sister Pew

Trying Okra chips

P-day in Charleston



P-day in Charleston


Elders wore the ties they made them

Exchanges

Watching Sister Pew in the Face2Face she was in

No comments:

Post a Comment