Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 64 - "money can't buy happiness, but it can fake your death."

The subject of this email would be because N said that. Referring to how Elvis faked his death.
Well folks, this was a great week. I'm going to try and make this email not as lame as my motivation to write it is. Just know that I am doing this for YOU. Because my desire to write is at a low.
Monday was a good day. We had a district PDay because Elder W was being transferred. We played volleyball and I am happy to report that I am not as terrible at it as I once was. Definitely not ready to spike it down anyone's throat yet, but I am slowly improving. Also, the elders are pretty hilarious. We also made some gluten-free brownies for Sister I and N because Sister I has celiac disease. Sister Hamilton made peanut butter frosting for them and they weren't even bad. When we went over there, we went for a walk with N and talked about some things, and I sang a song for her. It was a good little get-together for us, because she had been feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the requirements for baptism.
Tuesday was also good. We had a mini-DDM that morning to sign Elder W's airplane journal and get things squared away for the new guy, Elder B. Who happened to be coming from Boiling Springs which is right next to Inman. So that has been exciting for me, because he knows all the people there and I can talk to him about them and it's bomb. After the mini-DDM we went out to eat with Sister T & Sister S. I realized this day that I was still feeling pretty depressed from the week before, since probably N's lesson the previous Saturday, so that was hard. I decided to ask for a priesthood blessing from Brother G in the ward. We went to see the Vs and then went to ASL class, which is going pretty well by the way. I'm understanding a lot better now. And then we went to the Gs and he gave me a really good blessing that brought a lot of comfort to my heart. The priesthood is real. Straight up.
Wednesday we did service at Habitat for Humanity for a really long time. They have lots of very interesting things there. Lots of really awesome sewing patterns that I might need to buy and learn how to make. :) But anyways, the lady we work with is this super grumpy hilarious lady named K. We are pretty sure that if we were allowed to swear at Habitat, she'd light the place on fire with the heat of her language. Anyways, after we did that, we actually tried finding on Facebook, with some pretty good results. Our mission is about to roll out a new way to actually initiate gospel conversations online, and it has worked pretty well for us so far! So that has been really good. And then we taught N again. She took herself off date and was pretty sad about it, but we believe it's for the best because we want her to be baptized because she is really committed. We taught her a little bit about the Plan of Salvation and it went pretty well.
Thursday morning we got to have sign language lessons from my MTC teacher Brother Elg! It was way good to see him again and meet his wife and also to learn how we can better teach R. We weren't able to go see her this week but we want to this week. We also went to the old folks home. We also went to the chiropractor to fix my injuries from Gravitopia that I sustained so long ago. I feel lots better now! :) And then we went to this member lady's house for dinner. She is so funny and has a pet Siberian lynx. It's basically a cat that I'm not allergic to so you can bet I was all about that. AAAAAND she fed us steak, so that was a wonderful time. She is really really funny. Did I already mention that? She's hilarious. And then that night we watched the Testaments with N. I laughed and cried. Following are some of my favorite lines: "You should savor the good things in life" -Kohor "You are a specter from the gods" -Kohor "When I return I would speak to you of..." *smooches the lady and then leaves* -Jacob But in all seriousness, when the Savior comes at the end, we could all just feel the Spirit so powerfully. It was just like, "YES, YES, this is all true, this really happened! Jesus Christ REALLY came and He is coming again!" N was crying, I was crying, Sister Hamilton was crying, Sister I was crying. When the movie finished N was quiet (which she really isn't very often). Then she softly said, "That is a very important movie." I know the Spirit bore witness to her spirit that what we had been teaching her was true. I can't wait until she fully comprehends how true her statement is.
Friday we weekly planned, we went and did service for the Ms, and we delivered cookies to Elder B because he had surgery. We also went to see a family in the ward and they're the best. 
Saturday we went out with Sister G, a saint and an angel, who took us to the far reaches of our huge area to try and find some folks. We ended up at a former investigator's house. She wasn't home, but the whole county 4H was there, so that was great! Everyone was really nice and they offered to let us come back and work on their farm...which we may take them up on, because I miss the Ws'. :) After that Sister G drove us to a member no one's ever even heard of. Turns out no one knows her because she hasn't lived in the house for 15 years, but the lady who was there told us she was going to shoot us until she realized we were church people. Her name was J and she talked our ears off, which is pretty standard, but she was telling us some wack-o stories and Sister G literally was like, "OKAY WELL WE HAVE TO GO BYE" and drove away. Bless her. Afterwards she took us to Taco Bell, and I tried Cinnabon Delights for the first time, which ruined my life. They are so good. SO good. I'm tearing up thinking about them. ALSO, Sister Hamilton saw an alligator in the wild for the first time. It was very exciting for her. That night we had our Facebook live event, which will continue because of how positive the response was. So next week, everyone, Sister Hamilton and I will be coming back live to talk about something else. If you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Yesterday was great. We had a wonderful discussion on the Spirit, led by Brother T, and we had a meeting about our MLC tomorrow with the Zone Leaders.
Today we went to Colonial Dorchester -- settled in like the 1630s!! I took a couple pictures. Tonight we drive to Columbia and tomorrow is my second MLC! It should be a wondrous time. I am excited.
I know that the Book of Mormon makes the mission of the Savior more clear for us to understand. I know it testifies of the Atonement of the Savior and the love God has for all His children. It is for that reason that a man will get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book. Jesus Christ is the only way we could make it back to live with God again, and I love Him so dearly. I know this is all true.
I love y'all!
Don't let the muggles get you down!
Love, Sister Pew


OOOOH I also forgot to mention that last night I found out that my good friend T from Inman got baptized into the YSA-Young Single Adult branch and I am SO PROUD and SO HAPPY. :) Just wanted to let y'all know that.

YouTube videos that she sent: Sister Pew singing time in Primary

Colonial Dorchester 



Someone they taught that was baptized, her last companion (her greenie)






No comments:

Post a Comment