Sunday, January 14, 2018

Week 55 - Seatbelt Sniffers


Hi everyone!
This week was a really weird awesome week. 
Really not a lot happened as far as the work. A blow-by-blow recap would just not do anything for you. It'd be super boring, trust me. So let's do some highlights. 
-Those closest to me are in uproar because I won't tell them my favorite sports teams, mainly because I get made fun of. So this week D bet me that if he beat me in skip-bo, I had to tell him. But if I won, he had to bear his testimony. And I won. So, wahoo.
-We had our first and last district meeting with Elder K, who just left halfway through the transfer to go to BYU I. It was awesome. I gave a training and so did Elder H, and I got to role play with Elder C. He told me I was the most genuinely loving person. That helped me a lot!!!
-We got to drive Hermanas and the Greenville 5th sisters to Columbia in the zone leaders minivan. THAT was a party. I told them all how they're going to meet their future husbands. Apparently I will meet mine shopping for Timo's birthday present in sportsmans warehouse. So next November I get to meet my husband. HAHAHAHAHA.
-Elder G, Elder W and I sang When He Comes Again. It was wonderful to see them both again.
-Mission tour was just the greatest. We got to hear from President Innes and his wife, and Elder Wilford Anderson of the Seventy and his wife. There was so much spiritual knowledge gained. Probably the coolest thing that happened was to literally feel my desires change. I didn't realize I could be more committed to the gospel, but I came away from that meeting a better missionary for sure.
-Sister Anderson is a crazy good piano player and she had us all stand and sing "We Thank Thee, Oh God, for a Prophet" and it was super powerful.
-I GOT TO SEE SISTER GOETTSCHE AND SISTER JULANDER AND SISTER KNIFFEN. I need to stop having lots of companions. I love them all. It was seriously so good to see Sister Goettsche and Sister Julander because they were there during my childhood. I just really love them both. They are my sister soldiers. 🥇🥇🥇 And Sister Kniffen is momming everyone as usual. She does so good.
-our vehicle coordinator hugged me. I'm his favorite. It's fine.
-Yesterday everyone LOVED us. Seriously, the ward was so nice to us. Brother A bore his testimony about us and that was nice...but then everyone else was trying to get us to come to dinner and hug us and stuff. It was awesome.
Guys, this is the Lord's work. I love it.
Don't let the muggles get you down! 
Love, 
Sister Pew

Forgot to mention that the zone leaders told us their car smells like girl now,  specifically the seatbelts. So now we lovingly refer to them as the seatbelt sniffers. 

***Sister Pew shared that it was 10 degrees on January 2nd!!! Colder weather than her home state of Utah
First time in camo--helping on the farm
This is from Christmas Day, forgot to post bishop has baby goats
Sister Pew driving the sisters down to mission tour

Trampoline park with other sister missionaries on P-day

A flower arrangement Sister Pew made

Sister Pew and a donkey

Her companion, Sister Larsen with the donkey

Heart attacking

Sister Pew, her companion and the Hermanas
(Sisters who teach Spanish investigators)

With the Hermanas 

No comments:

Post a Comment