Sunday, January 7, 2018

Week 54 - we have been deceived.

Because it's sunny! Not a cloud in the sky! Aaaaaand it's colder than the 9th circle of hell. But happy new year everyone!
I seriously cannot believe I was a missionary for the entirety of 2017. It was legit the hardest, most heart breaking, funniest, happiest, best year of my entire life. It's just blowing my mind that it's over, and I come home 5 months from TODAY (June 1st). Life just zooms on by. It's crazy stuff.
Anyways, steering sharply away from my imminent mortality...
MONDAY! Was Christmas. Best day ever. Got to see my cute fam and my nephew. He's the most adorable human. Ugh. And also, they sang for me. My family is so cute. We also saw the Bishop and his family and held their baby goats in the morning (even though it was also VERY cold that day), had lunch and Christmas stories with the F family, hung with the Ss (which is where we skyped) and arrived at the S's house in time to take their family pictures for them. It was fun, exhausting and a great day.
Tuesday we had p day. We went to the mall and got some fabric to make a tie for the new elder, Elder C. We also ate at Papas and Beer (restaurant), and then I went on exchanges in S with Sister Jensen. This was round 3 with her. We're basically companions. We went to the ghetto at night. It was great! I missed the smell of marijuana (not). It reminded me of W (shout out to Mrs. P over there). Ah, good times.
Wednesday was a great day. Sister Jensen and I got to plan with President. It was definitely inspired because I was wondering how to plan better for the people we have to work with. It helped tons. We attempted to contact some people and had a boss comp study, and then it was back to the promised land for me. I love my area. That night we had Book of Mormon class. 
Thursday we helped the Ws cut down a tree. It was pretty scary because Brother W lopped off a lot of the branches before we brought the tree all the way down, so he climbed a tree holding a chainsaw. #sketchy anyways, I also got to wear camouflage for the very first time and it made me a happy lil redneck. Afterwards we did MMA with the zone leaders. We actually committed J to do something and that was good. He came to church Sunday so we hopefully can get him rebaptized soon. Everyone pray for him.
Friday we had interviews with President in which he told me that he thinks I am a great missionary because he is President and he is the best. I also got a blessing in which Heavenly Father told me that he thinks I am a great missionary because He is Heavenly Father and He is the best. And then we went out with Sister F (hygienist's mom--note our dental hygienist here in Utah parents are in Sister Pew's ward) and set up 2 return appointments and taught a lesson. So you could say that it was a pretty good day.
Saturday was good. I don't remember much but I do remember one thing: we received a call from the man, the myth, the legend Elder G, who said, "so y'all are coming down for the mission tour next week, and I was asked to put together a musical number,  and the first person I thought of was you." And I am pretty sure that I cried a little bit. So next week I get to perform with Elder G again, and I just want y'all to know that God answers prayers. 
Yesterday for New Years we got to go to a member of the stake presidency's house with the hermanas, los elderes, and the zone leaders. His name is President F and he is pretty nice, except he's a Utah fan. He tried to get me to wrap myself up in a Utah flag so he could take a picture and send it home, but I figured that y'all are already on the brink of disowning me because of the country music thing, and that might just have tipped things over the edge. So I wouldn't even touch it. We played corn hole, which I am definitely getting better at, and it's also Sister Larsen's family game. We took second place, losing only to the zone leaders. We even beat President F! PS - It's so fun hanging out with other sisters. I haven't had that my whole mission. We're grateful for the hermanas. Also I found out that I get to drive the zone leaders' minivan down to Columbia with 2 other sets of sisters. Repeat: I GET TO DRIVE THE MOM WAGON. I have never been so excited to drive a minivan.
Well, that's all for this week! Tune in next time to see ...welll.... something, probably.
Don't let the muggles get you down! 
All my love, 
Sister Pew

Pictures from Christmas that we didn't post last week!

The moose and the yeti


Opening Christmas Eve jammies

Wonder Woman jammies because they are Wonder Women!

Opening gifts on Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment