Sunday, November 19, 2017

Week 47: I may not be a pearl but I was cast before swine

Morning, all!
So, this week was pretty crazy. And a little bit hard. Training a missionary is like being a mom a little bit, except my trainee is good enough that I forget she's been on a mission for literally a month. But, whatever -- here's what happened.
Monday: We found out Sister Larsen's grandfather passed away from cancer whilst we were running around the mall. That was no good. But then we went to Chick-fil-A which was VERY good. Thank the Lord for Chick-fil-A. Everyone, pray that they stay in business, because they are always so nice, their restaurant is always so clean, and they are closed upon the Holy Sabbath, so I'm pretty sure there's Chick-fil-A in heaven. Anyways, so then that night we went to see L. She has a big sore on her leg and she had us help her change the bandage. I nearly threw up and died. It was great. Sister Larsen got to talk to her family over the phone that night, and also President Innes. Keep her in your prayers!
TuesdayWe had DDM, it was pretty boss. Sister Larsen got a blessing from Elder H, Elder C's trainee. Also, do you think it's a coincidence that 3 of the 6 elders in our district have lost very close family members while on their missions? God is real. Also, we went to see Sister M and went to Golden Age with the elders. They are silly about it. I guilt tripped all of them so hardcore about going. It was probably not the greatest way to get them to go, but hey. If it works, it works. We also went to see this little girl who is an investigator,  S. She is pretty much like Gwen if Gwen was Asian and not a member of the church. So that was a party. Then we went home and made cookies, plus received a Skype call from President Innes because he was coming to our lesson with D & P on the morrow and wanted to have companionship study with us! How cool is that?
WednesdayWe went to the soup kitchen. I made the mistake of bringing my ukulele and playing it for the ladies there. They have executively decided that my kitchen days are done, and I will be singing and playing for the homeless people there from here on out. Oops. ;) Not that working in the kitchen ISN'T my favorite thing ever, but...hahahaha. I'm excited for next week! That afternoon we taught C over the phone and committed him to be baptized on January 6th! So that was number 4 person on date since I got here! We are so pumped about that. After that we drove over to the church and had a lesson with D & P & President & Sister Innes. It was the greatest lesson of all time. President Innes is a master teacher. He basically made the importance of THIS church very clear and the importance of the doctrines, the ordinances and the covenants. He took them to the baptismal font and into the chapel. We had a sacred experience there. President prayed for them in there, and the Spirit was like SO THERE. Wow, just it was the best. And then we had the most packed Book of Mormon class of all time! The Ss came, along with T and 2 friends T brought because he's the greatest, D & P, President & Sister Innes, a lady the zone leaders are reactivating, and the trusty zone leaders (who were teaching the lesson and showed up 20 minutes late, which made everyone (especially this senior companion who would probs have had to teach had they not showed up) verrrrrrry nervous). So long story short, that was a great night.
ThursdayAnother great day! We went to the farm on Thursday morning with the Rs. That was good, especially for poor homesick lil Sister Larsen who just really missed her farm. She was so excited. We opened crusty old food storage with hammers, poured it into barrels, and spread it across the goat & pig pastures. The goats followed me around basically the whole time because I am a Disney princess, that's why. Also, here's the best story of the week. We're feeding the pigs and stuff, and I was watching everyone else work because they stole all the barrels from me (this is what happens when you're small and weak. People think you can't lift. And they're right. But still). So anyway, I'm just standing there. And you've gotta understand, these pigs are HUGE. Like, they easily weigh 350-400 lbs. That's almost 4 of me, got it? Like, they are massive. And little did I know that the biggest one got really jealous of my shoes or something. So I'm just standing there minding my own business, when this loud snort behind me startles me, and the next thing I know the biggest pig in that pasture is laYING DOWN ON TOP OF ME HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So this pig just straight destroyed me. Took me OUT. Luckily it only got my legs, I was kind of worried it was gonna roll all over me. But I landed in the mud. That was probably the funniest thing ever. Never have I been so flabbergasted in all my days. The best part was that Sister Larsen was standing right there and just absolutely lost it, and then also the fact that it like, snuck up on me from behind. It was literally hilarious. SO FUNNY. Ah, I'm dying. We then did service for Sister R, and then we had a passoff lesson with T and the YSA elders. They did a great job. T cried. It was awesome.
Fridaywe mostly just weekly planned, but we also had an appointment with the chiropractor, Sister Larsen's first time. It was kind of a hard day for both of us. The funeral for Sister Larsen's grandpa was that day. That night we went to see some people, but I forgot who. We also went out with Sister F finally because she's back in town! I love that lady. She is so cute. We went to see a less active named C. She is very nice and invited us back next Sunday.
SaturdaySaturday was tough for me! I felt sort of ill and spiritually off. The devil works extra hard on you when you're doing your best. I just felt like I was basically a sucky missionary. But all is well now! Anyways, we went and did some knocking, which was highly unsuccessful, and then ended up going to see S and G. S is doing MUCH better after her blessing, which means her faith ought to be strengthened. Plus she just had a baby and usually people are more spiritually open after that stuff. Like, she wants to come to church. And she told us it was all because of us - which is not true (because Spirit) but still nice. Yeah, that warmed my little heart. It was great. ALSO SIDE NOTE - Sister Larsen is one of my only companions who has seen Three Amigos. So you can guess what has been going on around here. "IT'S A SWEATER!" Ah, the joy.
SundaySister Larsen had to speak in church so I got to sit up on the stand and do nothing. It was great. I got to make weird eye contact with the whole Inman ward. 10/10. D & P came and were actually excited to tell people about the baptism, which is huge. Also, we had a killer Ward Coord where Brother R made some plans to advance the work because he is the GOAT. Then we went to see J & K and they taught me more than we taught them. J told me that I need to let go of my fear of being hurt! So...there we go.
This week has taught me that my mission has changed me. I may not know what I'm doing, I may not even do missionary work very well, but I have been changed by my experiences here. I am not the same. And it is Because of Him *cue epic music from that video, everyone go watch the Because of Him video RN BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST*
Don't let the muggles get you down!
All my love,
Sister Pew

Sister Larsen at Chik-Fil-A

Omarito the cow

Chino the Praying Mantis


Sister Pew and a persimmon, she liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment