Sunday, November 12, 2017

Week 46 - "Straight outta the Utah womb"

Dear everyone,
Wow, this week has proved to me more than ever that I legit have no idea what I'm doing. In a fun way, I guess. Sort of like not knowing where you are in Disneyland. It's pretty great. It was a little bit of a blur and I have kept very limited records of the whole thing because I'm apostate, but let's see what I can remember. (Side note - writing a weekly email like this is lowkey like giving myself a pop quiz. Some weeks I nail it. Some weeks I get a skraight F. It's whatever.)
Monday! Ha, what a day. I love P-day. Mainly we cleaned the house, Sister Graves packed and tried to sleep, and I made a big poster for my lil one. That night we went to the Ws for family home evening and had a little hymn singalong. We also visited with the Bs even though I was DYING OF ALLERGIES. Sister B made us some tea and gave me a warm blanket. Also, they have a cat...but it's a feral cat. It has a pelt instead of a fur coat. So, not allergic.
Since Tuesday was Sister Graves' last day here, we mainly tried to get things ready and go see some members that Sister Graves wanted to visit with. We saw Sister M. We also had a lesson with D & P, and we brought D and his mother with us. Dis just home from his mission in Brazil. So he literally just taught the whole lesson. #blessed AAAAAAAND then we got shut in at 8 because it was Halloween. So Sister Graves packed. ooooh also we decided to be our favorite super heroes for Halloween. We only trick or treated one place (Dr. B's office) because we figured we shouldn't spend too much time in our costumes because we're representatives of Jesus Christ. But we couldn't not. It was incredible. 
Wednesday was the day of transfers. We drove to Greenville and dropped Sister Graves off in her new area (hooray hoorah, she stayed in the zone so I'll see her literally all the time) and then drove the other Greenville sister and I down to transfers. In the transfer meeting were ALL SORTS of missionaries I know, including Elder W from Charleston Zone, Elder O who came out with me, Elder D in my zone, Elder D from my very first district ever, AND ELDER G THE LITTLE LIGHTWEIGHT. I was one of 3 sisters training. It was weird. I was like, the oldest missionary in the room. *Nervous laughter* Aaaaaand the meeting was long. But good! But long. My knee was bouncing by the end there, I was so ready to just go. Also, *drumroll please* SISTER LARSEN IS MY NEW COMPANION!!!! She is from a little town outside St. George called Veyo. . It's amazing. I am a big fan of her. She's pretty much pretrained so I don't have to do a whole lot. So Sister R was driving us home and we stopped for pizza #blessSisterR and then Sister Larsen and I figured out some life stuff and went to meet up with this guy we met through Mormon.org. His name is C and he is epileptic and has severe social anxiety. He needed a large print Book of Mormon so he could read it because he really liked the stuff he'd researched about the Mormon beliefs. He's been texting us ever since and wants to get baptized. Woot. Greenies produce miracles, I think. Sister Larsen is fun because she doesn't have the attitude that a lot of missionaries get after awhile if they're not careful -- the "this is really hard and the work is really slow" attitude. So because of her faith life sped up times a billion. Which is fine by me! That night we had Book of Mormon class, and I taught it and it was on the Isaiah chapters in 1st Nephi. It was hard, especially because I forgot my notes. But good thing D was there so he could basically do it for me! And D and P came. So that was awesome. ALSO, BEST THING EVER: Brother W was there for scouts and he took us outside before class started and gave me a ukulele that he bought for me. It's yellow and it has a dragon on it. Pictures will be included.
Thursday we tried to figure out Sister Larsen's area book stuff on her tablet at the church and it was being dumb. Also we ran into the elders. Not sure what they were doing there. But they were definitely not in proselyting clothes. *suspicious face* Also, while we were there I received an email that my sister in law was giving birth. So we changed and went to MMA in a state of MANY EXCITEMENTS. At MMA, Elder P taught me how to make my abs super buff. Sister Larsen bruised my arm up real good. And I took her out. So she can tell everyone that her trainer beat her up her first day. HAHAHAHAHA I'm the worst. That night we met this guy named J whose home situation is really weird. He explained it all like we knew everyone involved. Which we didn't. At all. That's a very southern thing to do, and when I was explaining that to Sister Larsen, she was like, "Oh good! Because that didn't make any sense to me. Here I am, straight outta the Utah womb" and that was really funny to me. I don't know. The word womb makes me uncomfortable. That whole rest of the day is a blur because that night I got a load of pictures of my nephew, Adrian. He was a pretty ugly little guy when he first came out, but he's become cuter as the days go on, and now he's adorable. I like him!!!! (I liked him even when he was an ugly squished little alien baby.) I am excited to hold him!!! I wore my team baby pew shirt that night. Because I wanted him to know that I'm on the team.
Friday we did weekly planning. Part way through, G's girlfriend S who is not a member and who just gave birth on Halloween texted us on G's phone and was like "y'all I do not even know what is happening help I need you" and she NEVER opens up to us, so that was huuuuuuuuge. She asked us to come over and we said we would. Brother S had planned to come out with us anyway. And, he and I planned a harmless little joke on Sister Larsen. I'm SO PROUD of myself for not busting up. And Sister Larsen was pretty normal about it and then was like "OH MY GOSH!" And it was hilarious. Sister Larsen was a great sport. And wasn't offended and also thought it was hilarious. So that's good. God bless my chill companion. And so then we went to see S and G and T. Brother S gave S a blessing because she was going through a lot of hard things on top of having a baby and having no family nearby to help. We taught G and T the Plan of Salvation and invited T to be baptized December 9th. He said he has always wanted to be baptized, but no one ever asked him! So that was exciting. We are scheduling a lesson with the YSA elders for next week.
Saturday we saw J our Messianic Jew friend. And we dropped him because he totally is not interested and mainly just wanted to talk to us about how Eve was totally seduced by Satan. *facepalm* but I was SO PROUD of Sister Larsen. Because in the midst of all his confusion, all his debates and fact spewing, Sister Larsen just bore simple, pure testimony to him. She did so great! She is teaching me every day. We also did our first door knocking and went to see G.
Yesterday was boss. D, P and T all came to church and we had our first ward correlation meeting with our actual ward mission leader Brother R. He is the best! Also, we got to have dinner with  the M family and they are so cute and also make dang good Mexican food. I don't know why I like Mexican food now but it's okay.
Life is crazy and good. I became a mom and an aunt this week!
I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can overcome our weaknesses and thus be made clean and pure.
Love y'all!
Don't let the muggles get you down!
All my love,
Sister Pew

Dressed up on Halloween as their favorite super heroes!

Ukulele a member gave her and her team baby Pew t-shirt

no bake cookies

New companion, Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment