Saturday, July 8, 2017

Week 28: The Sister Soldiers

Hello! God bless America! Happy anniversary to my lovely parents! They are the greatest!
So. This week. Was literally crazy. There's no way I can tell you everything, but let's get into it.
Monday: We went to see R, and we planned her whole baptism. It's really happening folks. It really is. Keep praying for her! Satan works hardest on you when you're doing the right thing.
Tuesday we had DDM and it was great. Then we went to see P and put him on date to be baptized on August 5th. Never did I ever think P would agree to be baptized. Here we are.
Wednesday we went to see a member in a rest home and accidentally offered to come by and perform once a week. Elder W, the new elder in town, plays the guitar "like the wind blows" (which is how Elder W described it) and so he's going to come play while I sing. Hahaha. Then we went to see the S Family. J is officially 9 so she has to be taught all the missionary discussions before she gets baptized. We basically had her teach us the Plan of Salvation and she did a great job. Then Sister C took us out "stalking" (which is finding, but she calls it stalking lol) and then took us to Chick Fil A which is where you got that picture of me.
Thursday we went to Mepkin and then we went out finding and then we went to the family history booth and then we went to teach a MEMBER REFERRAL and her name is S and she has the cutest baby named B who is in love with Sister Haws and it was so cute. We went over the Plan of Salvation because the North Charleston missionaries had already taught her the Restoration. She said it made a lot of sense and agreed to come to church! Pray for her and her baby.
Friday we weekly planned, we helped the elders move into our apartment complex, and then we went out to the middle of nowhere to find people to teach. Not much luck but still fun. 
Saturday we went finding with Sister A. She's very nice and took us down many muddy roads which was kinda fun. We got to see B and B for the first time in literally 5ever. Then we went to a little kid named K's baptism. Then we went to the annual 4th of July party at Sister M's house. There were many nonmembers there and we had lots of fun. The little kids and the missionaries united to play capture the flag and do a singing competition and it was so fun.
This is where things get so crazy. Saturday night I went to bed feeling kind of sick. I woke up at about midnight with intense abdominal pain. I tried for about an hour and a half to get rid of it, but nothing was making a dent. So I woke up my companion and we called the elders (who, tender mercies, had literally JUST MOVED into our apartment complex on Friday) and had them give me a blessing. At 1:30 in the morning. It was very sweet to hear them running up the stairs. So anyway, they gave me a blessing and immediately after the blessing I felt like we needed to go to the emergency room. So we did! And that is the story of the first (maybe second) time I have ever gone to the emergency room. They did some blood tests and a CT scan and figured out the problem, which I won't share (but I will it was an ovarian cyst), but suffice it to say it's very painful but not dangerous. They gave me some pain medication and sent me on my merry way at about 5 AM
Now, there were many blessings that came from this. The xray technician who gave me the CT scan was actually a less active member, and I was able to invite him back to church and point out what any normal person could recognize as a sign from God. I never go the the emergency room. But God needed me to meet that cute man. He politely refused, but I think that the Spirit touched his heart as we spoke. Also, one of my nurses was incredibly sweet and wanted to retire to work with the American Red Cross. I explained how our church does lots of work with them and she was very impressed. She told us we give her hope for the young people of the world, which was very nice of her.
The next day was church. We had to go because S was going to be there and she needed friends. So we went. And we also taught gospel principles running on 2-3 hours of sleep. It was probably not the greatest lesson anyone has ever given, but the fact that we were standing was really a miracle. And then we went home and went to bed until we had to go teach R. He's doing okay. Keep praying for him. Also, we received "how is Sister Pew doing" phone calls from the zone leaders and our new mission president, President Innes. He seems absolutely terrific and I am so excited to meet him in person.
I am feeling much better today. I'm mostly just tired -- it was such an ordeal, my goodness. But the Lord takes care of us. R thought she wouldn't make it to church and showed up anyway. S came to sacrament meeting. Everyone is so kind and concerned. Don't worry, everyone! Life is good. It is always good with God.
ER 
Stay safe! I love you!
Don't let the muggles get you down!
-Sister Pew

Note from Sister Pew's mom: I talked with the mission nurse on Friday, she called to let me know Sister Pew is doing well and they have her on medication to shrink the cyst.I feel like it was a tender mercy. 

Here are some videos she sent this week first is the ER visit and the second is of her new companion


No comments:

Post a Comment