Sunday, October 29, 2017

Week 44 - "It wasn't the worst."


Hi everyone!
Last week was a crazy week! But a good week! But a hard week! And I shall tell you all about it!
Monday! We ran out of gas on the highway, bought some Ben & Jerry's, and had dinner with the Rs. They got me barbecue chicken pizza and cheesecake, mainly because they're the best ever in the whole world. I love that family. SO cute. There will be pictures of the festivities. And then we went to see our investigators. They are progressing! Which is so great! They gave us tiny pumpkin pies and I survived their house even though they have a lot of cats that I'm super allergic to. After that we went to ward coordination at the As and they surprised me with a cake. Basically they are the cutest family ever and represent all the goals for my future because THEY ARE SO CUTE. <3
Tuesday we went to DDM and had the leftover birthday cake. The elders' ward mission leader came and talked to us and gave us some ideas for uniting members and missionaries. After that, we went to see Dr. B who is a chiropractor and a member of the ward. He specializes in upper cervical adjustments, so the top two bones of the spine. When they're out of line it can affect your brain and stuff. So he uh, like, fixed that or something. I don't really feel that much different. But I guess it is still good to do. After that, we went to the rest home by ourselves because the elders had to conduct a baptismal interview. It was less fun than it normally is because usually the elders are the comic relief. But it was still good and I'm still glad we went because those people clearly need some big help.
Wednesday we had a day of finding. Sister H, the RS president, and her daughter came out with us. It was fun! Sister H is super hilarious so it was awesome. She was great for the people we visited. We also had Book of Mormon class that night, which Sister Graves taught all by herself and it was so good! I was so proud :) And we had meant to give the zone leaders the rest of the leftover birthday cake that night but the problem is we left it in the kitchen during young mens so long story short it was all gone by the time we went to go get it for them. So that was really sad and we are now going to have to make a pumpkin pie for them because we feel bad. LOL not really, but we are going to make them pumpkin pie because they are AWESOME and they deserve it. (Another side note -- anyone know a good pumpkin pie recipe? Good being a relative term, because pumpkin pie is nasty.) Also, that day I practiced my special musical number with Sister S. It was really fun. (Sorry, no recording this time, but everyone said it was really good. I did Abide With Me. Also, Brother F's dad is dying and he asked me if I would sing it at his funeral. So, maybe I'll get it recorded some other time.)
Thursday we went and demolished Brother Ws deck. It was tons of fun! We had a blast. Brother Ws is ex-military and pretty much my favorite redneck ever. 
Birthday dress

Sweet note members left her

Cute plates they ate her birthday pizza

Mini pumpkin pie


A birthday cake a family made her for her birthday

Gnome look
After that we went to L to see K, who is the Bob Jones graduate, and help her clean up a bunch of stuff from the baby shower they just had. The problem is, they have 4 cats and I AM SO ALLERGIC TO ALL OF THEM AND I DIDN'T KNOW SO I DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING so the rest of the day was a struggle and I suffered. That night we met a new potential investigator. Hopefully we get to see him again soon.
Friday we were just kind of all over the place. I don't really remember lots of what happened. I do remember we saw this less active who is easily the cutest human on the planet Earth. He is so adorable. Seriously. I love that guy. He's like, this big angry-looking fellow with a beard but he talks like a gentle Sasquatch. Really that's the only way I can describe his voice. And he might be Canadian? I don't remember... but he has a cute lil accent and he's just super nice. Like, so nice you're like, "Are people actually this nice?" And it never even crosses the creepy line, because he's just...the nicest person. Ever. Literally. So nice. We also tried to plan for the coming week but that went horribly because we ran out of time.
Saturday we went to a huge stake RS event called the humanitarian fair. Basically what it was was all the RS sisters in the stake came to the stake center. When we got there, there were a bunch of signup sheets for activities we could do, both at the stake center and out in the community, until 12:30. I was semi-dying because of the Thursday cat incident still, which made it really difficult when they asked us to go sing at a nursing home. But it was still fun and singing for old people is really actually becoming my passion in life because I do it ALL THE TIME. (There are like, an astonishing amount of old people in South Carolina.) Then we went home and tried to weekly plan again but again ran out of time. And then we went to a lesson. We haven't passed him off to YSA yet, but it's coming. We even warned him. Also we read the Book of Mormon with them. G has been reading. T finds it a little more difficult because the language isn't what he's used to at all. But it's still good.
Yesterday I sang in church! Again, sorry. No recording. But it was pretty good, I think. They have already asked me to do a musical number for a missionary fireside the 14th of November so I guess they all were pleased. The subject of this email was what Brother A said to me after all of everyone else told me I did good. It was just really funny. He is a funny guy.
Well, that is about it for this week. I had a couple hard days, and then I realized I was complicating everything. So don't do that and just live the dang gospel! (maybe minus the dang part because that's a lil bit irreverent...)
I love my life! I love being a missionary! I love being 20! (so far!)
Don't let the muggles get you down!
All my love,
Sister Pew

No comments:

Post a Comment