Friday, March 17, 2017

Week 12-D money

Hey y'all!
What a week! What a week! My heavens, I can't believe I've been out for 3 months. AHHHHHH! Weird.
Things are going well in M! Everything is blooming and the world looks wonderful. 
Monday of last week we went to Summerville. We went to a store called Palmetto Moon which has good touristy things. It was quite fun. Also, I tried Panera for the first time. I liked it but was not overly impressed with the prices! ;) Missionary life is the cheap life. We also taught the P family that night and had the comp unity level of Alma and Amulek
Tuesday we delivered cookies to people. It was way fun! One of the people that we delivered cookies to is a recent convert named Brother W. D-money, for short (first name starts with D). He's about 70. And he's in love with me now, so this is excellent news. He said, "Sister Pew, you have one of the prettiest faces I've seen since I got here!" And I thought it was hilarious. We also stopped by the bishop's house and sang him a song because he was sick. And that's how we ended up singing in church on Sunday. I was the one who started the song, and then I sung alto for the rest of it.
Wednesday we met this dude named G, and we attempted to teach him a lesson, but we just ended up sitting there and listening while he talked at us for 1.5 hours. The man can talk. And then when he left, we all had said about 5 sentences apiece and realized that we had by some miracle covered all the points of the Restoration lesson. God is real.
Thursday we did absolutely nothing at M because Miss U kidnapped us and took us to a farm instead??? Also she bought us ice cream. Book of Mormon class got canceled, but we forgot to tell our investigator R about it. So she showed up at the church at 7 anyway, and we just HAPPENED to be there because one of the members in the ward had asked if I could play the piano for her daughter's baptism and I was practicing. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and read some with her. The Spirit was way strong. It was awesome. She kept saying stuff like, "this is what I need" and "this is so nice" and it rocked.
Friday we went to Zone Conference! It was great. President Turner is awesome. Gosh, I love that guy. We also roleplayed teaching someone the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I finally learned how to ask good questions! So that was great. That night I did not end up having to play for the baptism, because the bishop's wife saved my bacon.
Saturday we went finding with Sister S, who is a force of nature, who also knows B from my last area and that was awesome!!! We contacted 2 less active members on her visiting teaching list and it was awesome.
Yesterday, we sang in church! We also joined the ward choir, and taught S and R.
Some Quotes:
*"The Spirit whispers, 'that's Panera'." -Sister Pew
*"I want to hit this cat." -Sister Goettsche
*"Elder G is like a male Ms. Frizzle." -Sister Pew
*"Can you make the unicorns, like...black?" -Sister Goettsche
*"oh no! I have to pee! It's contagious!" -Sister Julander
*"Sister Goettsche is like the positivity Hitler." -Sister Pew
*"You have so much ahead of you and it will either be really good or it'll suck." -Miss U
*"Anytime you see a turtle it's gonna be a great day." -Sister Turner (the mission president's wife)

Don't give up! Don't give in! Don't let the muggles get you down!
Love,
Sister Pew

**no pictures this week but a member posted a video of Sister Pew and her companions singing in church on Facebook. So if you are friends with her or her parents the video is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment