Sunday, February 25, 2018

Week 61 - "If you utter so much as one syllable I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GUT YOU LIKE A FISH. If you'd like to fax me, press the star key."

I just really could not think of a good subject for this email so enjoy another Grinch quote.
On Monday, we had mostly a chill day. We made lots of ties. It was a good time. Then we went to the I and taught N, their friend they brought to church. We had a little family home evening with them and taught about the Book of Mormon and read Alma 36. N enjoyed it and we set up another appointment for Wednesday night.
Tuesday we went to Moncks Corner to exchange with the sisters at DDM! I went back to Moncks Corner and that was a blast. I loved seeing all my folks; and I got to talk to R and Sister G on the phone and that was wonderful. I was with Sister Landon from Idaho Falls. She is in her second transfer of training and is very sweet. We had some good discussions about the Savior.
Wednesday Sister Landon and I got Valentines for our companions before we unexchanged. I got Sister Hamilton some Lindt truffles and a plant. She got me some Sour Patch Watermelons and a little thing of raspberries. And she wrote me a nice card. After we were back in our own countries we did some companionship study and planned for our lesson with N. We then baked cookies, made dinner, ate it, and taught N. We taught her the Restoration and she loved it. When we were leaving, she asked us to come back and visit her on Friday
Thursday we went to the eye doctor to get Sister Hamilton new glasses because I broke the ones she had... When we went to Walmart to pick up frames, though, the lady that was helping us  and tried to go see J, the blind guy who I dreamt about. I knew he was going to let us in when we went over there. Aaaaand...his wife answered and didn't let us in. Didn't even invite us back. That was discouraging. I'm still wondering what I was supposed to learn from that experience. We then went to a Relief Society yoga night activity. One of the ladies in our ward just got certified as a yoga instructor so she taught it and it was really fun. 
Friday we did some service for the Ms, this cute nonmember couple. Brother M used to be married to a member but has never joined the church and his wife now is not interested, but they love Family History and they love the missionaries. We are trying to work on them with the Family History thing. They have a lot of good questions and they're in a geneaological society. So that's cool. But anyways, we swept up their back pool area. And Sister Hamilton and I were mightily entertained by the pool vacuum. Sister Hamilton especially. That night we taught K with Sister G. We read 2 Nephi 4 with her and we could tell she really felt the Spirit. Afterward she opened up to us a whole bunch and told us how nice that chapter was to read. That was a major step up from where we've been with K. So that was great. And then afterward we saw N...again. Which is always delightful. We read in 1 Nephi 1 with her. She enjoyed it a lot.
The next day we did some service for the Bs again. Afterward, they took us out to eat at a Vietnamese restaurant with their son who is leaving for the Navy soon and their daughter who leaves in June for her mission to Vietnam. The food was good but expensive! We also saw a bedridden sister, did some family history and went to see a couple.
Yesterday was a great day at church. And we had stake coordination where we talked with the stake president about the missionary efforts in the stake. He really wants us to emphasize family history. That has been way fun to get into.
I love y'all! It was a harder week for me, mainly just with the mental health, but all is well that ends well, I say. 
Don't let the muggles get you down!
Love, Sister Pew


Visiting old friends while on exchanges



Exchanges


Valentine's Day




Ties they made

No comments:

Post a Comment